Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Celebratory Gunshots, Too

As I set about planning the celebration of my children’s third natal day, I had a couple of ideas, none of which involved any place named “Zone,” renting animals that require a support staff or permits, or spending money.

Lucky for me that my kids love running around outdoors and their birthday falls just after Spring’s coming out party. So all I need is a park featuring a wide open field, some balls to kick and toss around, a sheet cake from Rolling Pin, and we’re set.

I couldn’t shake the feeling that I was going a little too low-end though. Even a slacker mom like me likes a little flash, a spark of cool for the kiddie party. “Kites!” I thought. “It’ll be excellent kite-flying weather! We’ll get some kites for the kids to supplement the ball-kicking fun! What could possibly go wrong with kites?”

What indeed.

Labels: ,


1 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Blogger wonderkiller said...

All my kite flyins' be drivebys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home