Friday, January 12, 2007

Year of Rum Begins Tonight

Cafe Citron, y'all.

5 p.m.

We'll be the really loud people drinking rum.

The first official YOR outing would not be possible without the sipping suggestions left by our kind commentors. We'll do our best to make you proud and hopefully, report on the hangover-free results.

However, many suggestions were for "sipping" rum, not cocktails. My goal -- nay, mission -- is to find a rum-based mixed drink that:
1) isn't some color not found in nature
2) doesn't smell like Febreze
3) isn't carbonated
4) isn't overly garnished.

I'd also prefer that it have a name I'm not embarassed to say in front of my 2.5 year old daughter. "Gimme a toe-sucking zombie," is just not something I want to hear coming out of her mouth.

I went to the Little Red Book for help, but it seemed like every rum concoction in there required egg whites. Is that even sanitary?

Labels: ,


2 Comments:

At 2:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

XYZ, painkiller, desmond's delight.

 
At 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A note to Oregano, Yo: pretend it's Papa Joe's, and get a pitcher of some tasty rum concoction! Go Dawgs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home