Wednesday, November 15, 2006

How You Know You're Officially Old

When someone sends you a email containing the term "l33t skils," which causes a complete meltdown (my head done spun around, like, seriously), followed by errant Googling (yes, Google has even reached those of us born before 1980), and a perusal through Urban Dictionary.

T.G.f.U.D.

The other thing that clued me into my apparent aged-ness is when I shouted from my office "What the Hell is l33t?!" and 22 year old in the cube instantly replies "elite." Y'all, that one's going to take over the world! So smart with da Internets. I'm going to go assign him some more work so he won't have time to put together his World Domination Action Plan. Gots to slow him down some.


4 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Blogger Bailey, yo said...

erhmmm . . . what's "pwn"?

Anyone?

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Britney, yo said...

Woah! What the $%#@???? "elite?" I still don't get it. And WTF does T.G.f.U.D. mean? Hand me a shawl and turn down that damn noise you call music, I'm the one who is old!!!!

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Rob Colgan said...

Old? Got things in the fridge older n'ya. Might need to pour me another pint.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Elle Parramore said...

T.G.f.U.D. = Thank God for Urban Dictionary? Yes or no?

And I have never heard of that l33t thing. So I don't think it's an age thing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home