Friday, June 02, 2006

Got dressed in the dark.

“Paging, the Fashion Police. Paging, the Fashion Police.”

The announcement at McCarran Airport elicited grins and giggles from passengers waiting to board United 1402 to Dulles on Thursday afternoon. Pondering what, in a city rife with excess, might have prompted the curious message, I called Britney, yo to share the moment, “You won’t believe the page that I just heard, and I promise I’m not wearing my socks and sandals.”

“United Flight 1402 to Washington Dulles is ready for boarding. Passengers in Group 1 may now board the aircraft.”
In the time it took to board the flight, the mystery was solved, at least to my satisfaction. Taking my seat, I had to call Britney, yo back with an update. “I’m not sure if this is the one that inspired the page, but he should have. From the ground up: blue plastic flip-flops with grey and white ankle-highs, khaki shorts, a navy blazer, ear-mounted phone, and a yellow ball cap.” Seamus, yo is no slave to fashion, but even I thought the phone was over the top.


1 Comments:

At 2:31 AM, Blogger Bailey, yo said...

Socks and sandals can be pretty bad, but socks and flip-flops is unforgivable. Seamus, yo is one brave man -- I don't think I would have had the courage to continue viewing after hitting that horror.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home